Whizzerr Community Guidelines
Whizzerr is a place where everyone should feel safe to connect, inspire, share, and express themselves. These guidelines are here to help Whizzerr users understand how to do so in a way that is respectful and safe for the community at large. As a reminder, our users hail from all corners of the world, so we ask all to be mindful of different nuances and cultural norms when determining the appropriateness of content shared on Whizzerr. We will always consider the context of content posted (e.g. paying attention to captions as well as images) so as not to censor content that may be posted for a legitimate educational or artistic purpose.
However, while we celebrate and strongly encourage creativity and freedom of expression, we will always prioritize user safety and protect against any illegal activity on our platform. If we learn of unlawful content on Whizzerr, we will take appropriate action, including removal of content, blocking user access to certain features on Whizzerr, disabling an account, or contacting law enforcement where necessary.
Thank you for being a valuable member of our community and helping us keep Whizzerr a safe and expressive space for all.
Content involving minors
- Please use judgment in posting content depicting minors.
- Any content that depicts minors in a sexual manner is strictly prohibited.
- In addition, any organizations that promote or enable the sexual exploitation of minors are prohibited on Whizzerr.
- Content that features nudity is not permitted unless it is for an artistic purpose or is otherwise non-sexual in nature. In particular, Whizzerr does not allow:
- content that is pornographic or explicitly sexual in nature (e.g. depiction of sexual intercourse, acts of a sexual nature, or solicitation of sexual activity);
- images or videos posted for the purpose of soliciting sexual interaction whether on Whizzerr or elsewhere (e.g. webcams, pornography networks); and
- content solely focused on genitalia or bare buttocks.
- Whizzerr also removes content that displays, advocates for, or coordinates sexual acts with non-consenting parties. This includes any images of a person’s body where the focal point is on a sexualized area of the body and such images appear to have been taken without such person’s consent (e.g. creepshots or upskirts).
- Pornography businesses of any kind are not permitted on Whizzerr and their user accounts will be immediately shut down if found by Whizzerr or reported by other users.
- We welcome organizations and content promoting sex education and reproductive rights.
- Whizzerr does not allow content depicting sex toys and accessories if such objects are replicas of genitalia or appear in any content that depicts sexual activity.
- Whizzerr reserves the right to request a user remove, or proactively remove of its own accord, any content that it deems inappropriate for the community that may not be specifically outlined here.
Graphic content (violence, self-harm, eating disorders)
- Any violence – Content that depicts graphic violence, especially if criminal in nature (e.g. stabbing, beheadings, rape, sexual assault, domestic abuse) is prohibited. This includes genital mutilation.
- Self-Harm – Whizzerr does not allow any content that glorifies, supports, or enables users to inflict physical harm on others or themselves (e.g. cutting, burning, eating disorders, suicide). Self-injury is defined as the intentional and direct injuring of the body, including self-mutilation and eating disorders. We want Whizzerr to be a space where people can share their experiences, raise awareness about these issues, and support each other through difficult experiences, and so we allow people to discuss suicide and self-injury. We will also remove any content that identifies and negatively targets victims or survivors of self-injury or suicide seriously, humorously, or rhetorically.
- Eating disorders & body dysmorphia – Content depicting or promoting anorexia, bulimia, or other eating disorders (e.g. images of person(s) appearing “malnourished or sickly” with hashtags or text descriptions seeming to promote eating disorders) is prohibited on Whizzerr.
- Exception is made for posts of such content for the purpose of educating others about this subject matter in an effort to combat such behavior and conduct (e.g. charities or other non-profit organizations fundraising or building awareness). People can draw attention to harmful activity that they may witness or experience as long as they do not advocate for or coordinate harm. However, please use judgment to consider whether such content is too graphic even for this purpose. If it is, we may reach out to request that you remove such content.
- Organizations, associations, or societies (e.g. terrorist organizations, gangs, drug cartels) generally known to promote or are based solely on the premise of committing illegal activities are prohibited on WHIZZERR.
- Whizzerr does not allow the posting of any content that promotes or depicts violence, abuse, humiliation / shaming, or other grave mistreatment of groups or individuals on the basis of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, medical conditions / disabilities, and/or national origin and promoting discrimination or violence against persons on such basis.
- Exception is made for posts of such content for the purpose of educating others about this subject matter in an effort to combat such behavior and conduct (e.g. charities or other non-profit organizations fundraising or building awareness). Similarly, in some cases, words or terms that might otherwise violate our standards are used self-referentially or in an empowering way. When this is the case, we allow the content, but we expect people to clearly indicate their intent, which helps us better understand why they shared it. However, please use judgment and ensure your intent is clear in such posts. Also, consider whether such content is too inflammatory even for this purpose. If it is, we may reach out to request that you remove such content.
Copyright / Trademark Infringement
Don’t use other people’s content without permission.
- If Whizzerr receives valid notice from a copyright or trademark holder alleging that their intellectual property rights have been infringed by a user’s posts on Whizzerr, Whizzerr will promptly remove the content in question and notify the user of the takedown as well as issue the user a warning.
Bullying / Harassment
- Generally, users are responsible for their interactions with other users on Whizzerr. However, users are not to post any content with the intent of creating harm or emotional distress to other users. This includes verbally abusive content or any content that is directed at specific Whizzerr users or repeated unwanted contact with a user.
- We recognize that bullying can be especially harmful to minors, and our policy provides heightened protection for minors because they are more vulnerable and susceptible to online bullying.
- With respect to public figures, we encourage and allow for discourse, which often includes critical discussion of people who are featured in the news or who have a large public audience. We will nonetheless remove content about public figures that does not contribute to such critical discussion but instead violates our content policies, including hate speech or threats.
- Whizzerr only allows content depicting firearms and associations promoting legal use of firearms in the United States (e.g. sporting activity). However, such content cannot promote or enable on Whizzerr the sale of firearms or committing violent or illegal acts with firearms (unless in video games). In addition, images of minors with guns is strictly prohibited unless it is for the purpose of combatting the distribution of guns to minors (e.g. charity combatting child militants or an anti-gun campaign).
- We also prohibit the purchase, sale, gifting, exchange, and transfer of firearms, including firearm parts or ammunition, between private individuals on Whizzerr. Some of these items are not regulated everywhere; however, because of the borderless nature of our community, we try to enforce our policies as consistently as possible. We allow discussions about the sale of firearms and firearm parts in stores or by online retailers and advocating for changes to firearm regulation.
- Whizzerr only allows content showing recreational, legally allowed drugs in the United States (including cannabis). However, such content cannot promote or enable the sale of such drugs (e.g. no advertising of products available for sale). In addition, users cannot use Whizzerr as a platform through which to sell or otherwise transact in the distribution of drugs.
- The exception to this will be posts by users for the purpose of educating others about this subject matter in an effort to combat such behavior and conduct (e.g. charities or other non-profit organizations fundraising, building awareness, or providing rehabilitation services for drug addiction).
- Cannabis dispensaries can have user accounts as long as they do not promote or engage in the sale of cannabis through Whizzerr.
- Content that depicts or promotes physical violence against or mistreatment of an animal, including sexual interaction with an animal, is prohibited.
Sponsored Posts and Advertising
- Posts advertising products or services on Whizzerr must comply with applicable advertising regulations, including any necessary disclosures of sponsored posts (e.g. use of hashtags like #ad, #sponsored, #partner or disclosure language in the post captions). This is the sole responsibility of the user posting such content.
Solicitation / Spam / Imposter Accounts
- Whizzerr does not allow any content that is fraudulent or constitutes false advertising (e.g. scams and spam).
- We also do not allow any accounts that impersonate or pretend to be a business, organization, public figure, or private individual.
- Credible statements of intent to commit violence against any person, groups of people, or place (city or smaller) are prohibited and may be reported to law enforcement.